The Current CNIA Treasurer has stepped down. There will be a quick election during the Post-Conference Assembly May 21 & 22 in Mt. Shasta. District 11 can nominate one (1) individual who is not otherwise eligible.
Area Treasurer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To remind and encourage the A.A. Groups of their financial responsibility to support District, Area, and GSO, and the spiritual significance of self-support.
- To receive, record, deposit, and report all income received by the Area, acknowledging each in writing.
- Check the PO Box or arrange to receive mail regularly.
- Contributions received should be deposited and recorded in a timely manner.
- To maintain a list of contributions to be submitted quarterly to the DCMs.
- To make timely disbursements for such purposes as determined by the approved Area
- Budget and to maintain records thereof.
- To maintain bank accounts with other Area Officers as signatories.
- To submit monthly operating statements to include a summary of the Area’s receipts for publication in the Accents/Acentos, so that they are available for review at Area Assemblies and ACMs.
- To prepare and present the proposed Annual Area Budget with assistance from the Area Officers and the Area Finance Committee following the Budget Preparation Schedule.
- To assure that proper tax reporting is performed as required with the assistance of a CPA. This includes updating the 501C3 form on an annual basis.
- Other responsibilities are available at: http://cnia.org/area-committee/area-positions/area-treasurer-.aspx.
Resume forms are available at: http://cnia.org/publications/resume-forms.aspx
If interested, please let the DCM know so you can be nominated (Again, the DCM can only nominate one).
Reminder: There is a Finance Committee that has its own Chair. This committee has a task of assisting the Treasurer in developing the annual budget.