Preliminary Agenda Items for 2015 Conference

Standard

2015 General Service Conference Committees

Preliminary Agenda items

Below are some of the preliminary agenda items for the 65th Conference committees that could be of interest to individuals and groups. Note: Please keep in mind that this is a preliminary list and agenda items may be added or subject to change by the trustees’ committees at the February board weekend; contact your GSR or other Trusted Servant for more information. 

II.   Cooperation With the Professional Community

  • Review contents of C.P.C. Kit and Workbook.

V.   Grapevine

  • Review Audio Strategy status update.
  • Review new business plan for La Vina.
  • Review revised draft text of the pamphlet “A. A, Grapevine and La Vina: Our Meeting
    in Print.”
  • Consider list of suggested Grapevine book topics for 2016 or later.
  • Review Grapevine Workbook.

VI.  Literature

  • Consider a request to develop literature directed to transgender and gender-nonconforming alcoholics.
  • Consider a request to produce a book combining Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions and Twelve Concepts for World Service,
  • Review revised draft text of the pamphlet “Inside A.A.: Understanding the Fellowship and Its Service Agencies” with the revised title “Inside A.A.: Understanding the Fellowship and Its Services.”
  • Review the revised draft text of the pamphlet “Your A.A. General Service Office.”

VIII.  Public Information

  • Review 2014 annual report from the trustees’ P.I, Committee regarding G.S.O.’s A.A. website.
  • Public Service Announcements (P.S.A.s):
  1. Review report from trustees’ P.I. Committee on A.A. Video P.S.A.s.
  2. Review current video P.S.A.s for relevance and usefulness.
  3. Consider production of new video P.S.A.s.
  • Review contents of P.I. Kit and Workbook.

 

Post-Conference Flyer/Registration posted

Standard

The California Northern Interior Area 07 Post-Conference Assembly in Sacramento is your opportunity to hear straight from the CNIA Panel 64 Delegate the results of and the experience of attending the 64th General Service Conference in Rye, New York from April 27 to May 3.

The flyer with registration form is posted.

2014 Abridged Agenda Items

Standard

It was suggested that these be posted.

2014 GSC Committees Abridged Agenda Items

II.      Cooperation With the Professional Community

A.     Consider changes to the section, “Referrals from Court and Treatment Facilities” in
the pamphlet, “If You Are a Professional…” Note: On Proof of Attendance have any A.A. member sign. On Referrals, add internet and change to most telephone directories.

III.     Corrections

A.     Consider request for revisions to the section “What A.A. does NOT do” in the pamphlet
“A Message to Corrections Professionals” to be consistent with similar text in C.P.C.
literature. Note: Just what it says, “…be consistent with similar (existing approved) text…”

B.     Consider the development of a new video to replace “It Sure Beats Sitting in a Cell”
(DV-08). Note: Estimated cost is $70,000. The committee noted that the video was produced over 25 years ago and is outdated.

V.     Grapevine

D.    Consider the list of suggested Grapevine book topics for 2015 and later. Note: Four proposed, taking stories previously published in Grapevine or AAGrapevine.org;
The 12 Traditions
Our Experience (working title—Members share their experience with each of our 12 A.A. Traditions),
Cartoon Book II (working title—
A collection of cartoons by A.A. members),
Special Needs (working title—Stories by members who are wheelchair-bound, blind, deaf, ill or with other special needs. How A.A. reaches out to everyone.),
People of Color (working title—A.A. members of color share their own stories of getting sober).

 

E.               Reconsider publishing the “Alcoholism at Large” section of the Grapevine. Note: An on-again/off-again/on-again section going by many names that reflects medical news and more about alcoholism (articles have/may not follow A.A. suggested recovery and some feel it is an outside issue). Some blame the drop in subscriptions to this. On the other side is this point of view by Bill W. in 1946 and incorporated in Grapevine’s Statement of Purpose in 1992, “Within the bounds of friendliness and good taste, the Grapevine will enjoy perfect freedom of speech on all matters directly pertaining to Alcoholics Anonymous.”

VI.    Literature

C.     Discuss suggested change to the pamphlet “The Twelve Concepts for World Service
Illustrated.” Note: This does not change the Concepts, but allows the illustrated version to reflect what the General Service Manual states.

D.     Discuss suggested changes to the pamphlet “Questions & Answers on Sponsorship.” Note: Four revisions to sections of the Pamphlet, “What does a Sponsor do or not do” and “When newcomers resist “the spiritual” side of the program, what can sponsors do?” For changes, see VI Literature D, Doc. 2 (pg 1 & 2).

E.     Discuss suggested changes to Living Sober. Note: Remove text that had added to confusion regarding A.A.’s Singleness of Purpose.

F.     Consider the use of the circle and triangle as an unofficial A.A. service mark on
Conference-approved literature. Note: Includes the words Recovery/Unity/Service; it was Trademarked in 1956.

G.     Consider a request to create a pamphlet for alcoholics with mental illness. Note: While mental illness is partially addressed in other pamphlets, a pamphlet specifically for mental illness would reach those not being treated with drugs or consider their needs special.

H.   Consider a request to add “Non-alcoholics are welcome to attend open meetings as observers” to the end of the Primary Purpose (Blue) card. Note: Self explanatory.

VIII. Public Information

B.      Consider report from the trustees’ P.I. Committee regarding G.S.O.’s A.A. Web
site. Note: Continues to give the A.A.W.S. Board responsibility for Management, Maintenance, Reports.

C.      Consider that the 2014 A.A. Membership Survey be conducted by area on a
random basis as was done in the 2011 A.A. Membership Survey. Note: A triennial survey that goes to randomly selected groups. In 2011 a District 11 group in Trinity County was selected; anonymous and results are available to Professionals and the Public as a brochure.

E.      Consider revisions to the Anonymity Card (F-20). Note: A past proposal that is being resurrected/revised that incorporates further wording about inadvertently breaking the anonymity of others, and the impact of anonymity breaks on A.A. as a whole.

For downloadable PDF version, click here.

Agenda Items: Tips and Hints

Standard

GSRs and Conference Agenda Items: What Next?

From our Panel 64 Delegate for California Northern Interior Area 07

The 2014 General Service Conference (GSC) Agenda Items and background information is now available for General Service Representatives (GSR) to discuss with their Home Groups. At our Pre-Conference Assembly on April 12 in Woodland, we encourage every GSR to come to the microphone and share their group conscience on Agenda Items with the California Northern Interior Area (CNIA) Delegate. This spiritual experience is the foundation of our Area’s Conference process.

As GSR, you are the link in the chain of communication between your Group and the General Service Conference which operates all year round. Why do we need a Conference? See S20 in the A.A. Service Manual for a superb answer. The short answer is so we can better help the alcoholic who is still suffering.

The General Service Conference Annual Meeting will be held April 27-May 3 in New York. Our theme is “Communicating Our Legacies—Vital in a Changing World”. As the CNIA Delegate, I will represent our Area at the Conference and need your help to send me to New York as a well informed Delegate for our Area.

Confused already? You are not alone. As a first year GSR, the Conference process can seem very confusing and intimidating. There are dozens of Agenda Items — so how should you go about choosing which Items to discuss with your Home Group and what format should you use to discuss the Agenda items so you can get the group’s conscience?

The Confidential Agenda and Background information, available from your District Committee Member (DCM), gives a detailed explanation of each Item. Remember this information is Confidential (full names of members are used) and for A.A. Members only. Please do not allow anyone to post this on bulletin boards or place on websites or social media. Please help us protect the anonymity and confidentiality of our members.

When looking at the GSC Agenda Items decide what your group has a passion for; Grapevine magazine? Public Information? Cooperation with the Professional Community? Literature? Finance? Corrections? There are interesting Agenda items covering all of these areas including an Item to approve a correction to inaccurate text in the Big Book!

How do groups participate in the Agenda process? Many groups hold a GSC Agenda items meeting separate from their regularly scheduled recovery and business meetings to discuss the Agenda Items. Some groups have a pizza party or go to a coffee shop after the meeting to discuss the items. Other GSRs make the entire list of Agenda Items available to the group and ask members to share their opinions or take a survey. Each group is autonomous, so any way that you and your group decide to participate is the right way for you.

If your group has never done this before, ask for suggestions from your DCM or someone who attended PRAASA or a Pre-Conference Workshop. You might consider only discussing two or three Items at first while providing the entire list to anyone interested. By focusing the discussion on a couple of Items you can get your Home Group members involved.

Don’t worry about always having to come to a consensus among your group. Please take notes on majority and minority opinions, and then attend the Pre-Conference Assembly and share them with me. Please let me know WHY your home group members feel a certain way about the Items (not just a score card of who’s for it and who’s against). I’m looking for your group’s conscience, opinions, ideas and experience on these Agenda Items.

Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the process. There are amazing opportunities for growth on this spiritual journey we are on together. Thank you for your Service!

Preliminary Items for 2014

Standard

January 2014

2014 General Service Conference Committees

Preliminary Agenda Items

Below are the preliminary agenda items for the 64th Conference committees. During the February meetings of the trustees’ committees, additional items received by the January 15th deadline may be assigned to appropriate Conference committees. Please keep in mind that this is a preliminary list and agenda items may be added or subject to change by the trustees’ committees at the February board weekend.

I.       Agenda

  • Review suggestions for the theme of the 2015 General Service Conference.
  • Discuss presentation/discussion topic ideas for the 2015 General Service Conference.
  • Review the General Service Conference Evaluation Form.

II.      Cooperation With the Professional Community

  • Review suggested changes to pamphlet, “If You Are a Professional…”
  • Review suggested changes to pamphlet “A.A. as a Resource for the Health Care Professional.”
  • Discuss ways of stimulating interest in C.P.C. service work.
  • Review contents of C.P.C. Kit and Workbook.

III.     Corrections

  • Consider request for revisions to the section “What A.A. does NOT do” in the pamphlet “A Message to Corrections Professionals” to be consistent with similar text in C.P.C. literature.
  • Review contents of Corrections Kit and Workbook.

IV.    Finance

V.      Grapevine

  • Review Audio Strategy status update.
  • Review GV Board proposal to the 2014 Conference Committee on the Grapevine to significantly reduce the La Vina deficit.
  • Report from AA Grapevine Board on feasibility of producing one book in American Sign Language (ASL).
  • Consider the list of suggested Grapevine book topics for 2015 or later.
  • Review Grapevine Workbook.

VI.     Literature

  • Consider a request to remove a sentence of text from page 5 of Living Sober.
  • Consider a request to add text in the section on Concept XII of the pamphlet “Twelve Concepts for World Service Illustrated.”
  • Review draft pamphlet or progress report on literature that focuses on spirituality.
  • Review the revised draft pamphlet or progress report on “Circles of Love and Service.”

VII.   Policy/Admissions

  • Review dates for the 2017 General Service Conference.
  • Consider a request that an anonymous electronic voting system be utilized on all non-election votes for a trial period.

VIII.   Public Information

  • Review 2013 annual report from the trustees’ P.I. Committee regarding G.S.O.’s A.A. Web site.
  • Consider that the 2014 A.A. Membership Survey be conducted by area on a random basis as was done in the 2011 A.A. Membership Survey.
  • Public Service Announcements (P.S.A.s):
    1. Review report from trustees’ P.I. Committee on A.A. Video P.S.A.s.
    2. Review current video P.S.A.s for relevance and usefulness.
    3. Consider production of new video P.S.A.s.
    4. Review final report on the centralized distribution, tracking and evaluation of the video P.S.A. for the Spanish-speaking community, “Tengo Esperanza”
  •  Review contents of P.I. Kit and Workbook

IX.     Report and Charter

  • The A.A. Service Manual, 2014-2015 Edition: 1.     Review list of editorial updates.
  • Discuss A.A. Directories (Canada, Western U.S., and Eastern U.S.).
  • Discuss General Service Conference Final Report.

X.      Treatment/Special Needs-Accessibilities

  • Review contents of Treatment Committee Kit and Workbook.
  • Review contents of Special Needs/Accessibilities Kit and Workbook.

XI.      Trustees

  • Review resumes of candidates for:
    1. Pacific Regional trustee
    2. Eastern Canada Regional trustee
  • Review slates of trustees and officers of the General Service Board of Alcoholics Anonymous, Inc.
  • Review slate of directors of A.A. World Services, Inc.
  • Review slate of directors of A.A. Grapevine, Inc.

XII.   Archives

  • Review revised draft video Markings on the Journey.
  • Review Archives Workbook.

XIII.     International Conventions/Regional Forums

  •  Discuss ways to encourage interest in Regional Forums and attract first-time attendees.

To download Preliminary Items as PDF, click here.

75th Commemorative Edition

Standard

AA_big_book_order_form_r5.indd

A.A. World Services, Inc. is pleased to announce the publication of the only authorized reproduction of the first edition of Alcoholics Anonymous. This new edition will be a faithful replica of the original, with the famous “circus cover” dust jacket and bulky paper (which is why it was initially called the Big Book).

To commemorate the 75th anniversary of the historic publication of Alcoholics Anonymous in April 1939, the 2013 General Service Conference approved the creation of this facsimile edition of the first printing of the first edition.
Pre-orders: Starting November 15, 2013 you may pre-order copies. Pre-ordered books will be shipped directly to the purchaser and gift orders to the address provided, in April 2014.

Go here to download PDF of order form.

Letter from AAWS

We are pleased to send to Conference members a preview of the flyer that will announce the publication of the 75th Anniversary Commemorative Edition of Alcoholics Anonymous (the Big Book). You will note that order information is spelled out on the flyer, including shipping charges and discount pricing. We will begin taking pre-orders on November 15, 2013, and the books will ship in April 2014, the month of the 75th anniversary of the first publication. We plan to send out the flyer as an insert in the Holiday Edition of Box 4-5-9 and the other print newsletters later this fall, as well as to post it prominently on our Web site, www.aa.org, and feature it on the A.A.W.S. Online Store for easy ordering. The flyer will be posted in a black and white version for easy printing, as well as color, and in the three languages of our Conference. For any questions regarding this publication, please feel free to contact the Publishing Department at orders@aa.org.

Results of 2013 GSC Inventory

Standard

Back in July there was a posting from Box 459 about how the General Service Conference was taking its inventory. Below are some selected abridged results. For all of them, see this link.

Summary of 2013 Inventory

Question 1:

Reflecting on Concept I, how well does the Conference ensure that it is the conscience of A.A. as a whole?

The Conference, as designed, is highly effective in ensuring the conscience of A.A. as a whole.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • Encourage groups to participate more fully in the Conference process.
  • Feedback from the areas is very important to delegates and the current schedule for distributing background material and the agenda makes it difficult to have area membership discussions.

Question 2:

How well is the use of floor actions serving us?

Floor actions emphasize that everyone has a place to express their opinion…the Conference has the power to decide whether or not to hear a floor action.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

•   Provide background information to delegates on floor actions and the process by which they are handled at the Conference.

Question 3:

Reflecting on Concept X, how well is the authority of the Conference defined?

The Conference is the place where business and spirituality mix.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • Delegates should stay better plugged into board activities throughout the year.

Question 4:

How well does the Conference fulfill the General Warranties of Concept XII?

The Conference is excellent at encompassing a wide variety of abilities… the Conference structure itself provides an adequate safeguard to protect A.A. from any misuse of authority.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

•   In response to an expressed concern about the disenfranchisement of groups and A.A. as a whole from the general service structure, consider holding the Conference at a less expensive location, perhaps rotating it around the US and Canada to reduce costs and increase participation.

Question 5:

Should delegate areas be more consistently based on actual membership numbers?

Conference composition should not rely on rigid proportional representation by population alone.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • Further discussion is needed on the question of whether or not our largest member centers should consider resizing.

Question 6:

What improvements could be considered to make sure the agenda selection is more effective?

Agenda selection “goes on all year long.”

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • Increased communication throughout the Fellowship is neces­sary for an informed Conference.
  • Agenda selection should be emphasized as a year-long process, with more involvement from the Conference Agenda Committee.

Question 7:

How well do all Conference members communicate to the Fellowship about why we have a Conference and how the committee system works? How could we improve in this com­munication?

Increasing participation in the Conference process throughout the Fellowship is a primary concern.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • Perhaps agenda items that don’t make it to the Conference should go to the appropriate Conference Committee anyway, for discussion at a time outside the week-long duration of the Conference.
  • Make Conference agenda information and background material available to the Fellowship and continually update throughout the year.

Question 8:

How well do the delegates balance their preparation for the Conference, especially in keeping with Concept III and Article Three of the Conference Charter? How could we improve in the practice of our rights and responsibilities under Concept III and Article Three of the Conference Charter?

Right of Decision is a great responsibility, carrying with it the importance of providing reasons why a decision was made; explaining the “reasoning” behind conclusions reached at the Conference is helpful throughout the Fellowship.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • Use technology to develop a secure electronic location where delegates could share and store pertinent Conference informa­tion online.

Question 9:

How can we improve the way time is allotted during the Conference for reports, presentation/discussion/workshop topics, and thorough discussion of agenda items?

Committee time is precious.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • Consider distributing minutes of all trustee meetings to all del­egates.
  • Regional trustees might consider … hold­ing more Q&A sessions at the regional level throughout the year.

Question 10:

How are leadership and participation affected by late night work sessions?

Conference members are here to conduct A.A.’s business.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

•   Implement a time limit for different sessions and close them when the time is up.

Question 11:

Could the committee process be improved to more effectively introduce change in the Fellowship, and if so, how?

Flexibil­ity is a key ingredient in change, and not everything has to be in black and white.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • Sharing between committees throughout the year can help facilitate better understanding of the issues and help introduce change; cross-pollination between committees could ease workloads.

Question 12:

Is the current makeup of the board (numbers and propor­tions) still the most effective? If not, what changes should we consider?

The current ratio of board members (Class A/Class B) is adequate..

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • Trustees need to focus on bigger issues and concerns for the Fellowship and not get caught up in administrative details bet­ter handled by staff.

Question 13:

How could we improve the methods used to solicit trustees and directors to get the most appropriate people interested in the positions?

Broadly advertising board openings is necessary to cast a wide net..

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • Focus on the social sciences, technology, finance, publishing, journalism and media worlds for new Class A candidates, with lesser emphasis on the medical and religious fields.

Question 14:

What more could be done to insure the General Service Board remains transparent and thorough in their reporting to the Fellowship?

Communication needs to flow both ways and members need to recognize that all information cannot always be made avail­able.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • More articles by trustees in the Grapevine to help familiarize the Fellowship with the board’s vision.
  • Consider regional teleconferences with delegates/regional trustees after board meetings to increase communication and help with transparency issues.
  • Utilize technology to disseminate information through the G.S.O. Web site or perhaps provide an interactive live webinar to connect members with G.S.O. staff or trustees.

Question 15:

Reflecting on Concept IX, are the qualities of leadership, as identified in the leadership essay in The A.A. Service Manual, still the qualities that we should try to encourage in Conference members? If so, how successful are we in encour­aging those qualities? If not, what changes should we consid­er?

Leadership, integrity, conviction — we need these qualities now more than ever. “Leadership” is not a bad word in A.A.

Recommendations/Suggestions:

  • To avoid “reading between the lines” by members, it would be helpful for trustees’ committees to include more of the motiva­tion behind their proposals, the reasons why they might make a particular suggestion or recommendation.

Breaking Bill’s Anonymity

Standard

If you have not read or heard, there is a movement (by non-AA organizations) to have a U.S. stamp commemorating Bill W.
Below is a letter from the General Manager of the General Service Office detailing their position.

DATE: July 19, 2013
RE: Petition for Bill Wilson Commemorative Stamp
Dear Friends:
Warm Greetings from G.S.O.!
We have recently been made aware of an effort made by several non-A.A. organizations who have petitioned the U.S. Postal Service to develop a Bill Wilson commemorative stamp (a photo of Bill). The copy of their petition that was forwarded to us also suggested that if such a stamp is created, it would be “unveiled during the 2015 International Convention of Alcoholics Anonymous in Atlanta, GA (July 2-5, 2015).”
We are writing to let you know that the General Service Board of Alcoholics Anonymous and the General Service Office, which coordinate the International Convention, have not been contacted directly regarding this. Furthermore, there are no such plans in place, nor will there be, to include this as part of our upcoming convention.
A letter to the appropriate department at the U.S. Postal Service has been dispatched, explaining our principle of anonymity, and clarifying that this effort is not endorsed or supported by Alcoholics Anonymous.
As you all know, our organization cherishes the principle of personal anonymity of our members, both living and deceased. Our founders believed, as Bill said in a letter to a newspaper editor in 1950, that “personal success in the A.A. program requires humility, that we have no right to claim distinction for the gift of sobriety.”
Bill W. wrote that before Dr. Bob died, they both firmly agreed that neither one of them would accept public honors for A.A. work. Bill felt that “such an example, set before future generations of power-driving A.A. members, might prove to be worth more than any prestige which such honors could confer upon either of us. This was our estimate, and I still believe it to be the right one.” (Letter, February 1960)
We send our gratitude for your continued service to Alcoholics Anonymous and hope this information is helpful to you. Should you receive questions or concerns about this matter, please contact our Public Information desk at publicinfo@aa.orq.

Delegate’s Favorite Tradition

Standard

AA Bios for some of our Workshop Speakers on July 21

Lela offered this A.A. bio

Lela’s sobriety date is January 1, 1990. She has a home group (Rocklin Racetrack — not in Rocklin or near a racetrack).  She has a sponsor. She works the steps every day. She always holds a service position. Currently she serves as CNIA 07 Delegate for Panel 62, and she’s coming to town at the Alano Club in Redding on July 21 for a District 11 Workshop from 12:30 to 4 to tell about her experience at the 63rd General Service Conference.

When she was a GSR in the mid 90s in Santa Clara County, she learned about commitment to her home group. As DCM, she practiced courage. As DCMC (DCM Chair), she learned more about Tradition Seven — specifically, she learned how to budget at the service and individual level. As Recording Secretary for CNIA 07, she learned to listen like she had no opinion. As Alternate Chair, she learned about our “right of participation.” As Area Chair, she grew to love Tradition Nine’s “Universal respect is the key to our usefulness.”

Lela works in corporate America. She tries to share about topics that impact the future of A.A. with a business perspective balanced with our principles of love, care, inclusiveness and respect.

Come hear about Lela’s current favorite tradition, and how she relied on it at the Conference this year. As Lela shares about her Conference experience, she really tries to bring a personalized and humanized view.

Vikki will speak on General Service

Vikki has a sobriety date of May 4, 2002.  She has been in General Service since she was a year sober.  She got elected alternate GSR for the Forbes group in Yuba City (District 19).  Two weeks later, the GSR resigned, and she was suddenly thrown into the bramble patch as GSR.

She has been going to CNIA Assemblies, Pacific Region Alcoholics Anonymous Service Assemblies (PRAASA), and Regional Forums every chance she gets since then!

She was the District 19 Secretary for one panel.  Then she was elected DCM.  While she was serving as DCM, she was appointed to the Area Finance Committee, becoming Finance Chair.  Following that, she was elected Area 07 Secretary and now is Area Chair for Panel 62.

She, and Past Delegate Woody from Panel 50, will talk on General Service at District 11’s July 21 Workshop where free pizza, soda and water will be served.

Tom is another speaker at the Workshop

Tom, currently CNIA 07 Treasurer for Panel 62, will be speaking on “Where the $$ Goes” in the Area and GSO at District 11’s July 21 Workshop. He was Area Finance Committee Chair before being elected Treasurer mid-panel. He served District 22 (Western Slope of El Dorado County AKA Placerville and the surrounding Historic Gold Country) as Alt DCM for Panel 60, chaired the Post-Conference Assembly Committee and was GSR for the High Flyers Group.

He was Alt GSR for that Group the previous panel, and served as meeting secretary for High Flyers and Sunrise Attitude Adjustment. Other local service from 2008 to 2012 includes H&I Jail Meetings and Tele-service.

The General Service Conference Takes Its Inventory

Standard

As suggested by the 2013 General Service Conference theme, taking inventory, in the best sense of the word, is a fundamental aspect of A.A.’s program of recovery. As co-founder Bill W. reflected in A.A. Comes of Age (page 231), “Just as each A.A. must continue to take his moral inventory and act upon it, so must our whole society if we are to survive and if we are to serve usefully and well.”

This was the opening paragraph in the summer issue of Box 459 for the article “The General Service Conference Takes Its Inventory — Our Solution in Action.” To download this or past archived issues,  or subscribe, click here.

Of note in this article is:

“Over the course of the Inventory, a number of common and interconnected themes surfaced that cut across a number of different questions:

COMMUNICATION and the flow of information throughout the Fellowship, from the trustees to the delegates, from delegates to the areas, from areas to districts and groups;

USE OF TECHNOLOGY in today’s changing digital world, for the dissemination of information and communication relative to the General Service Conference;

CONFERENCE ORIENTATION AND PREPARATION to help provide delegates and the Fellowship a clearer picture of what happens at the Conference and how decisions are arrived at;

PARTICIPATION AND TIMING for the development and distribution of agenda items and background information to best facilitate thorough discussion and review by the Fellowship;

INFORMATION on which much of the Conference is based: its volume, dissemination, purpose and derivation.

“Following preparation of a full report on the 2013 segment of the inventory, the process will continue in 2014 and 2015, with a final report to be prepared at the Inventory’s conclusion.”

Attributed to Box 459, Summer Edition, © AAWS, Inc.