1. “Alcoholics Anonymous® is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. AA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.”
2. District 11 is part of the General Service structure and is in California Northern Interior Area 07. District 11 includes Shasta, Trinity, and the northern half of Tehama Counties. See map.
3. California Northern Interior Area 07 (AKA CNIA 07) contains 29 Districts including four Spanish Language Districts & extends from the Oregon border south to Kings and Tulare Counties. See map.
4. CNIA is one of several General Service Areas in California. Note: California is one of the nine western states comprising Pacific Region.
5. The GSR Pledge: “We are the General Service Representatives. We are the link in the chain of communication for our groups with the General Service Conference and the world of A.A. We realize the ultimate authority in A.A. is a loving God as He may express Himself in our Group Conscience. As trusted servants, our job is to bring information to our groups in order that they can reach an informed group conscience. In passing along this group conscience, we are helping to maintain the unity and strength so vital to our fellowship. Let us, therefore, have the patience and tolerance to listen while others share, the courage to speak up when we have something to share, and the wisdom to do what is right for our groups and A.A. as a whole.”
6. The Responsibility Statement: “When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of AA always to be there. And for that: I am responsible.”
7. District 11 Service positions: Elected Officers are DCM, Alt. DCM, Secretary, Treasurer, Registrar. Appointed Chairs are Bridging the Gap, Grapevine. For responsibilities, click here.